A true multi-faceted personality; Engineer by education, scientist by profession, activist, wife, mother, social entrepreneur, the list goes on.
Her achievements are spread across working on LCA project, founding Adamya Chetana and driving several firsts in green lifestyle, environmental changes, all in her own unique way.
The secret? Eye for detail, ability to quickly grasp a situation, connect the dots, look for solutions, patience to go into endless details, ability to multi-task, all underpinned by seemingly unlimited amounts of energy.
Dr. Tejaswini founded and runs Adamya Chetana (www.adamyachetana.org) since 1997. This was set up in the memory of Smt. Girija Shastry, mother of her husband Shri AnanthKumar, MP and Central cabinet minister. Adamya Chetana works on three core themes Anna-Akshara-Aarogya along with several initiatives on Rural Development and Environmental issues.
Dr. Tejaswini’s work at Adamya Chetana, through dozens of projects has positively impacted nourishment, learning and health of lakhs of under privileged children, improved the conditions in many villages and helping increase green cover of Bengaluru.
- Annapoorna program runs five (Bengaluru, Hubballi, Kalaburgi, Harihar and Jodhpur in Rajasthan) state of art kitchens to deliver hot, nutritious and tasty midday meal to over 2 lakhs under-privileged school children.
- Not satisfied with cooking nutritious and tasty food, Dr. Tejaswini set out to transform the kitchens. She set some audacious goals to herself and her teams.
- By reducing the garbage, reusing paper, water, bio-waste and recycling the rest in to compost, the kitchen became a totally “ZERO GARBAGE KITCHEN”.
- By switching to Bio-fuel including briquettes, eliminating usage of LPG or Diesel (previously, 7,500 LPG cylinders per year or 300 ltrs of Diesel per day were being used), the Bengaluru kitchen is completely “FOSSIL FUEL FREE”.
- Implementing SAGY (Sansad Adarsh Grama Yojana) at Ragihalli, the village adopted by Shri Ananthkumar.
- Green Bengaluru 1:1 aims to increase the green cover in Bengaluru by regularly organizing planting drives and sapling distributions. The aim is to plant 1 crore trees to bring the ratio to 1:1 in the coming years.
- Subhiksha Gram Vikas Yojane – to create an ecologically and economically sustainable village. Ramtirth & Sankonatti, two villages in Belagavi were transformed
- From zero, constructed Toilet & integrated Gobargas plant for every house
- Built over 15 Checkdams to control soil erosion and to for rain water harvesting
- Conducted Tree plantation drive and 4000 samplings planted
- Supported setting up of a Cooperative bank by villagers
- Non-agriculture income generating activities like diary, tailoring, papad making etc
- Awareness among villagers about importance of ground water conservation, soil erosion, tree plantation, hygiene, etc.
- A number of other projects include: a unique platebank with 10,000+ steel plates, glases, tumblers and spoons that can be borrowed by anyone organizing an event, a mobile educational facility “Aata Paatha” that uses non-formal methods of teaching to supplement school efforts, “Chinnara Chetana”, a colorful Wall magazine for school children, Arogya Chetana‘ mediclaim facility for school children (inaugurated by Dr APJ Abdul Kalam), www.raktadan.org is an online portal creating a virtual blood bank, Vocational training courses like Tailoring, Computer, English Speaking, Roti making etc for needy women, and the list goes on.
In all these projects of Adamya Chetana, Dr. Tejaswini is involved in all aspects of planning and implementation and monitoring on a continuous basis.
Since 2000, Dr. Tejaswini is a Trustee of Sri Shankar Cancer Foundation, a not for profit organisation with its core focus on cure and prevention of Cancer.
Dr. Tejaswini AnanthKumar worked as a scientist at ADA (then headed by Dr APJ Abdul Kalam) between 1993 – 1997 and on the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA – Tejas) project.
Between 1988 and 1993, she served in various capacities: Software Engineer at Srujana Technologies, Bengaluru, Lecturer at BMS college of Engineering, Bangalore and Lecturer at SDM college of Engineering, Dharwad.
During her student days, she was very active at all levels of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) organizing various student activities. She served as State Joint Secretary & National executive member of ABVP.
- PG Diploma in Indology from Bengaluru University.
- B.E [Electronics and Communication], with Distinction, from B.V.B College of Engineering and Technology, Hubballi affiliated to Karnatak University
- Initial schooling was done at Belgaum and Dharwad districts
Email : email@example.com
Office : Adamya Chetana, BBMP Samudaya Bhavan, near Gavi Gangadhareshwara Temple, K G Nagar, Bengaluru
Phone : 08026620404